Monday, April 19, 2010

Moments.....

There are moments in life that seem to define who we are, moments that make us laugh, or cry. Moments that make us smile, or melt our hearts a little. Moments that make us think of an old friend, and moments that make us want to go back. Last week I made an impromptu trip to California with my Grams and Gramps and my nephew Jesse. The last time I had taken a trip with Grams and Gramps was before I got married and I just had one of those moments that made a little part of me want to go back.


Moments when I had forgotten how much fun it was to be with someone on their first trip to Disneyland! (that they remember) Tower of Terror has never been funnier than with first timer Jesse!

Grams, so much laughter and talks of old times. Moments that I wished I was a kid again so you could ask me how my day was and we would talk for hours. Shopping all day even if we only buy one thing, we had to go in every store! Things only gals really understand!

Gramps, moments when I realized how much I miss hearing your laughter and jokes everyday. I wonder what the people in the next room thought as we were laughing and reminiscing until after 1 in the morning, because you said you gave up makeup years ago when Grams and I were talking about Fashion Academy and color wheels.

Moments standing on the beach at Newport and wanting to be 18 again to see Grams chasing boys out of the beach house on my senior trip, and rollerblading with Gramps to Balboa every night with cousins and friends for frozen bananas!

Moments when you remember how much fun it is to be a Disneyland with best friends, because it had been awhile since the last time you were there with some. Moments when you laugh so hard you can't breath anymore listening to Andrea scream from her first Screamin ride!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away. Can't wait for more!

5 comments:

Karly said...

OH... I LOVE THIS POST! I love love love your gramps and grams (and yes I remember Senior Trip like it was Yesterday)!!

HOW I LOVE YOU!!!!

Jeenyus10 said...

Geez Lisa! Make me cry! No, that sounds like the ultimate trip, I am jealous!!!

Cheryl said...

How fun! Sounds like you had a great time.

andreaKphotography said...

Hello awesome post! That is written so SO beautiful. It made me a little jealous because I never really had grandparents...on either side. Well, ones that were a part of my life I should say. What precious memories to hold on to. I will for sure hold on to ours with you that day...always! Love you!!

Jenni said...

im so glad you have a blog. you need to make sure you update it regularly. sinch im not at hearth and home anymore i miss you all like crazy!